I cambiamenti annunciati in precedenza agli Ospiti dello Sciame, sembrano dare i risultati desiderati dal team di sviluppo Blizzard: gli Zerg ora hanno a disposizione un’unità per harassare i nemici efficacemente ed in maniera relativamente economica. Se da un lato infatti basteranno pochi Ospiti dello Sciame per mettere sotto pressione l’avversario in maniera efficace, dall’altro non avrà più senso ammassarli, sia per il costo che per le modifiche allo spawn delle locuste.
Per sostituire il ruolo precedentemente occupato dal “mass swarm host”, sono in prova altre modifiche che riguardano principalmente il rientro nel meta dei Patriarchi. Le Tempeste protoss perderanno il loro bonus ai danni contro le unità massive, mentre l’abilità Nube Accecante delle Vipere avrà un incremento del raggio di azione, consentendo alle Viking terran di esporsi maggiormente al pericolo per distruggere i Patriarchi. Trovate le informazioni complete nel blue post riportato in basso:
With some of the renewed discussion on Swarm Hosts over the weekend, we wanted to provide an update on where we’re at with the balance test map. While we haven’t seen the level of feedback we were hoping for with a change of this scale, there have been some high profile showmatches which have provided us with some useful information. In the games we’ve seen, we’re noticing a few important things:
- The new Swarm Hosts are extremely effective at harassment in smaller numbers. Due to their high mobility and the flying locusts, it seems like there could be a lot of potential in this area.
- The new Swarm Hosts are clearly weaker when in mass which was our intention. However, we’d like to push this even further to discourage mass Swarm Hosts.
- If we do push Swarm Host even more towards a pure harassing role, we’ll have holes we need to fill. These are: Terran mech and Zerg being able to zone out High Templars in late game engagements.
So the changes we’re considering for the balance test map are:
- Locust duration decreased from 30 to 25
- This will allow countering mass Swarm Host armies during the long downtime between Locust spawns even better, while not hurting the smaller scale mobility based harassment cases as much.
- Viper Blinding Cloud range increased from 10 to 11
- This is to help vs. Mech especially since the range difference between Vipers and Vikings will be slightly greater.
- Tempest no longer has +massive damage vs. air
- Brood Lords can still be countered by the long range of Tempests, but they won’t be the hard counter they are now, meaning Brood Lords can serve to fill the missing gap created by the redesign of the Swarm Host.
Targeted release and continued testing
While these changes aren’t final, our current target time frame to release a live patch with the updated Swarm Host is shortly after the WCS Season 1 finals. This date will be coming up fast, so please continue playtesting on the balance test map and providing us with feedback. The next few weeks will be crucial in helping shape our next balance update. It will be difficult to patch such a major change without help from our community and the pro players.